WHAT: Tour the Olive Crest Campus featuring Academy and Safe Homes for at-risk children
WHEN: Thursday, January 24 at 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Directions will be disclosed when you RSVP
CONTACT: Angela Allen at 760-341-1160 for reservations
MISSION: Transforming the lives of at-risk children through the healing power of family
INFORMATION: 1-800-550-CHILD or visit our web-site at www.olivecrest.org
On January 24th at 1:30 in the afternoon Olive Crest is offering a tour of the Coachella Valley Children’s Center, including Olive Crest Academy, the Safe Family Homes and the Family Resource Center.
This is NOT a fundraising event; Olive Crest just want you to see for yourself what is being accomplished in the lives of these precious children under our care.
The tour begins at Olive Crest Academy, where the students themselves will tell you their stories. Your heart will be warmed by these young people who came to the school with failing grades and poor self esteem, and who are now preparing to graduate and go on to college with every expectation of success. They will proudly tell you how this transformation came about (state funding had very little to do with it!).
We will then continue on to the residence homes where you will see and hear how children, whose lives have been full of turmoil and uncertainty because their parents are in crisis are now experiencing, most for the first time in their lives, a stable, loving home and family. What a transformation!
Please RSVP by calling Angela Allen at 760 341 8507
Since 1973, Olive Crest has transformed the lives of over 50,000 abused, neglected and at-risk children and their families.
“We work tirelessly to meet the individual needs of kids in crises by providing safe homes, counseling, and education for both youth and parents,” said executive director Pam Lee.
Olive Crest offers innovative programs that reflect a conviction that one of the most powerful ways to help heal children is to strengthen the family. With unwavering compassion, the Olive Crest family maintains a lifelong commitment to the youth and families served.
1. Coachella Valley Children’s Center
· The Coachella Valley Children’s Center will serve as both a residential treatment and educational facility for at-risk youth, ensuring that local children can receive the specialized care they need right here in the Valley.
2. Family Resource Center
· The Family Resource Center in Coachella works directly with at-risk families in our community. Through parenting classes and mental health counseling, the Center delivers early intervention and prevention assistance these families need.
3. Olive Crest Academy
· Olive Crest Academy is a tuition-free charter high school offering students an academically rigorous alternative to “Traditional classes.” Qualified students are concurrently enrolled at local community colleges and Olive Crest Academy earning both high school and college credits in an effort to secure a successful transition into higher education after high school.
4. Safe Family Homes
· Through this unique child abuse prevention program, parents experiencing a temporary crisis can arrange for their children (newborn through 16-years-old) to stay with volunteer parents while they address the issues that led to instability in their lives.
· This program serves children and families by providing a family-centered, strength-based planning approach to help children remain in a home environment rather than residential care. Wraparound services are provided within the home and facilitate the family’s movement from dependence on mandated systems of care to natural supports.
6. Foster Care
· Olive Crest recruits, trains, and certifies foster family homes from the community to provide warm, secure, and therapeutically safe environments for foster children. Foster children and parents are provided ongoing therapy, training and support services.
· Our adoption program is dedicated to finding permanent families for children who are available for adoption, including many waiting in the foster care system.