The Desert Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce has a history of involvement in local political activities that predates the incorporation of the City. In fact, it was through active engagement of the Chamber that both the Water District and the City were established! As a 501(c)(6) organization, the Chamber may participate in political events and may be involved in advocacy.
The date and format of the 2015 Desert Hot Springs Candidates Forum has been determined by numerous factors, such as:
- Ensuring that candidates would have an opportunity to address the community in a forum setting prior to absentee ballots being returned.
- No candidate was consulted or shown favoritism in development of the event.
- Location/venue availability to facilitate the 2015 Desert Hot Springs Candidate Forum.
The Chamber Board is hopeful that this event will be informative to the community as well as provide an opportunity for the candidates to explain their positions on numerous topics of importance. The Chamber is interested in facilitating this event to help the community identify the most desirable candidates to support in leading the community into a bright and prosperous future.
The forum is free and open to the public!
Moderators: Jesse Marx, Political Reporter at The Desert Sun & Ricardo Vela, News Director at Entravision/Univision
Master of Ceremonies: Kris Long, Anchor at CBS Local2
Forum Date: Thursday, September 10, 2015
Location: Desert Hot Springs High School Theater/Auditorium, live stream via the Desert Sun Website.
Candidate Arrival Time: 5:30pm
Doors Open for general public arrival and seating: 5:45pm
Event Start Time: 6pm
Event End Time: 9pm
Format: Moderator presented questions to candidates, timed answers. This is a forum, not a debate. Mayoral Candidates portion of the evening will be separated from Council Candidates portion. Council Candidates will be seated in reserved seats off stage during the Mayoral Candidates portion of the evening.
- City Fiscal Condition and Budget
- City Image & Brand
- Roles of Elected Officials and Conduct
- Economic Development & Jobs
- Public Safety & Quality of Life
- The forum will air live on the web via The Desert Sun
- Social media interaction live on the web via The Desert Sun
- Simultaneous interpretation will be available to event attendees
- The forum is free and open to the public!
- Spanish version: