- World News
• Attended the following meetings/events:
o City Budget Presentation for Video.
o Update on SCAQMD Grant Applications.
o CVAG Executive Committee.
o Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Meeting with Hotelier’s.
o Regular Council Meeting.
o Hotelier’s Meeting.
o Budget Town Hall Meeting.
o Policies & Procedures Sub-Committee.
o Wellness Center Update.
o Coachella Valley Housing Coalition (CVHC) regarding pending housing projects.
o Chamber of Commerce Update.
Community Health & Wellness Center –
o Slab on grade foundations are being poured for the 4,200 sq.ft. addition.
o Gutter spouts were poured/shotcrete.
o Installation of fire line, fire riser and hydrant is ongoing.
o Splash pad structure and piping about to begin.
o Installation of wrought fences and gates about to begin.
Administrative Services Department Finance
• Prepared for the City’s interim financial audit for fiscal year ending June 30, 2012,
which will be conducted by Teaman, Ramirez & Smith the week of June 11th.
• Preparing a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Business License Audit Services, with
the target release date being mid-July.
• Prepared for Open Enrollment, which will be conducted the week of June 11th.
• Preparing an RFP for Economic Development Services, with the target release date
being end of June.
Economic Development Planning
• Led enforcement against Hyundae Hotel for operating without any City permits or
licenses; Business License, Building Permit, Use Permit, Sign Permit.
• Dollar General Plans back from Plan Check and now with the Architect for final
revisions, expect to issue final permit to construct by end of June.
• Carl May Mural completed.
• Fireworks pre-sale meeting with booth operators is being organized.
• Completed courtesy inspection for investors considering remodeling a 10-room spa.
• 2012 Street Rehabilitation Program kick off meeting held with Cactus Street
construction to begin on June 25.
• Phase II is out to bid and will be awarded on July 3.
• Sonora Sidewalk Project is out to bid and will be awarded on July 3.
• 4th Street Sidewalk Project is out to bid and will be awarded on July 3.
• Coordinating Area F Sewer Project with MSWD for August/September start.
• Issuing final street construction permit for the Villages project.
Public Safety Administration
• Participated in the following meetings/events:
o Met with FSA and others regarding the Promise Neighborhood grant proposal.
o Gang Ad Hoc Committee meeting.
o City Council Meeting.
o Budget Town Hall Meeting.
o Criminal Justice Liaison Committee (CJLCM) Meeting.
o Met Police Officers Assoc. Board
o Attended EDC/ICSC Recap.
o Cabot’s Pueblo Museum Fundraising Event.
o ARCCOP Meeting in Beaumont.
o Cal Chiefs Sub-committee Meeting regarding Data Sharing.
Handled 703 incidents (calls for service/officer generated activities), including 22
misdemeanor arrests, 20 felony arrests, 99 traffic stops with 43 citations, 97 patrol
checks (includes City parks and businesses) and two (2) DUIs.
• Issued a second Administrative Citation for a recreational vehicle parked on a vacant
parcel in the 67000 block of Monterey Rd. A Notice of Violation (NOV) was also
issued to the property owner for Disruptive Activities.
• Red- tagging a hotel/spa in the 11000 block of Palm Dr. An Administrative Citation
was issued and the case forwarded to the City Prosecutor to file criminal charges.
• Issuing an Administrative Citation to a hotel in the 13400 block of Palm Dr. for
expired permits, no landscaping, Visual Blight and Public Nuisance.
• Issued an NOV to the property owner and tenant in a commercial center in the
13500 block of Palm Dr. for abandoned signage not removed pursuant to code.
• Cost Recovery for 2012 is nearly completed.