MILITARY DRAMA ON STAGE AT ST JOSEPH PLAYERS IN YUCCA VALLEY

Yucca Valley, California, is only a stone’s throw away from one of largest Marine bases in the country. It’s only natural then that one out of the...

NORTH COAST REP THEATRE STAGES A MAGICAL COMEDY

Tony Kushner, one of the country’s premiere intellectual playwrights is an award-winning dramatist who is best known for his monumental Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize winning, two-part...

“ZOOT SUIT” REVIVAL RETURNS TO ITS BIRTHPLACE: THE MARK TAPER FORUM 

Seventy-five years ago a murder was committed in Los Angeles in an area known as the ‘Sleepy Lagoon reservoir’.  Four young Latino men were charged with the...

2015 TONY AWARD WINNING MUSICAL DRAWS RAVES FROM LA AUDIENCES

The ‘boys’ won Tony Awards in the 80s with such gay-themed shows as “Torch Song Trilogy and nabbed another with the musical “La Cage aux Folles “(1983),...

COMEDIAN FREDDIE ROMAN SHOW COMES TO THE McCALLUM THEATRE

One of the country’s gentlemen comedians, Freddie Roman, is back at the McCallum Theatre.  Roman, a veteran of some forty years in show business and twenty-five years...

O’NEILL DRAMATIC MASTERPIECE ON STAGE AT GEFFEN PLAYHOUSE 

Eugene O’Neill became America’s first Nobel Laureate in Literature in 1936.  His canon of more than 30 plus plays, including four prestigious Pulitzer Prizes in Drama (the...

STEVE MARTIN COMEDY GETS A FACELIFT AND IT SHINES.

Memories come and go, including mine. But if memory serves me right, the version of “Picasso at the Lapin Agile”, production I saw at the Westwood Playhouse...

COMPELLING DRAMA FROM NEW PLAYWRIGHT AT DESERT THEATRE ENSEMBLE

Playwrights promoting playwrights is not that unusual in the Coachella Valley. In business and creative endeavors, however, creators jealously guard their creations from industrial theft, art forgery,...

COYOTE STAGEWORKS DANCES ITS WAY INTO AUDIENCE HEARTS

Coyote StageWorks, the professional theatre company of Palm Springs, is known for entertaining, brilliantly-produced and performed productions, has hit another home run with their current snappy, energy-driven...

TECHNOLOGY’S ANSWER TO AGEING IS ON STAGE A NORTH COAST REPERTORY THEATRE IN SOLANA...

The power that are in words are the keys to understanding; with clarity comes hope, and a great many more feelings, all merging into a larger life-affirming...

Must Read